The ribbon is a very important printing consumable. It is coated with wax-based, resin-based, or mixed ink on one side of the polyester film, and a lubricant is coated on the side without ink to prevent the print head from wearing. The ink on the ribbon is Under the action of the heat and pressure of the print head of the barcode printer, the corresponding text, barcode and other information are transferred to the label. The quality of the ribbon not only affects the life of the print head but also affects the effect of label printing. A good ribbon can protect the print head, and the printing effect can be accurately attached to the label, and it is not easy to spread or fall off.
The carbon ribbon is basically composed of the front lead belt, the original belt, the rear lead belt, and the shaft core.
Leader Tape: The leading tape has the following functions:
1. Easy to use: convenient to load the ribbon onto the printer
2. Product identification: product name, company name, and trademark can be printed for market promotion and sales promotion.
3. Protection: used to protect the ribbon.
1. The original belt is generally composed of five layers, top coating, ink layer, inner coating, tape base, and back coating.
2. Ink layer: It is the most important, used to print and determine the characteristics of the ribbon, such as anti-chemical corrosion and anti-friction.
3. Internal coating: Mainly used to smooth the printed surface and make the ink release from the tape base uniform.
4. Tape base: It is the carrier of other layers and determines the performance of heat conduction.
5. Topcoat: It is mainly used to improve the adhesion of the ink on the label and enhance the resistance to the environment.
6. Back coating: Simply put, it is a special coating applied on the back of the carbon ribbon. Its main function is to reduce the abrasion of the print head; reduce static electricity generation and strengthen heat conduction.
Generally speaking, it acts as a warning, allowing the printer to sense the end of the ribbon. Different printers determine different rear lead tapes. There are three main types:
1. Aluminum plating (silver): mainly for reflective sensors, the reflected light indicates the end of the ribbon.
2. Transparent: used for transmissive sensors, allowing light to pass through to indicate the ribbon is used up.
3. It is used for mechanical sensing, the change of printer sensing tension indicates that the ribbon is used up.
There are two common types of ribbon cores: paper and plastic. The main requirements are that they cannot be deformed and cannot slide during printing.
Weifang Xinxing Label has many years of experience in identification work and can provide users with one-stop identification application technical services. These services include software, equipment, consumables, as well as agent processing services, and can provide enterprises with complete identification application management solutions
Leave A Comment