What is the scope of application of compostable label?
Compostable labels have a wide range of applications, including:
- Food packaging: Labeling food items, especially those with compostable packaging, to create a fully compostable solution.
- Personal care products: Labeling eco-friendly personal care products that use sustainable packaging materials.
- Horticulture and gardening: Labeling plant pots, seed packets, or gardening products that can be composted after use.
- Promotional materials: Creating environmentally responsible marketing materials or event invitations.
- Specialty products: Labeling products that cater to eco-conscious consumers or businesses that prioritize sustainability.
How to select the correct compostable label?
To select the correct compostable label, consider the following factors:
- Compostability certification: Look for labels that meet recognized compostability standards, such as ASTM D6400 or EN 13432.
- Adhesive: Choose a compostable adhesive that adheres securely to the specific surface material and is compatible with composting conditions.
- Size and shape: Select an appropriate label size and shape based on the available space on your product or packaging.
- Printability: Ensure the compostable label material is compatible with your preferred printing method and produces high-quality results.
- Application requirements: Consider the specific environmental factors and usage conditions to ensure the label performs well in its intended application.
What raw materials can be selected?
Various raw materials can be selected for compostable labels, including:
- Compostable papers: Paper materials made from renewable resources like wood pulp, which are designed to break down under composting conditions.
- Compostable films: Biodegradable or compostable films, such as PLA (polylactic acid), that can decompose in a composting environment.
- Compostable adhesives: Adhesive formulations that are compatible with composting conditions and do not negatively impact the composting process.
What should I pay attention to when pasting compostable label?
When pasting a compostable label, consider the following tips:
- Surface preparation: Ensure the surface is clean, dry, and free of dust, dirt, or grease for optimal adhesion.
- Temperature: Apply the label at an appropriate temperature, as extreme temperatures can affect adhesion.
- Alignment: Properly align the label to ensure a professional appearance and maximize its effectiveness.
- Application pressure: Apply firm, even pressure to the label to ensure it adheres securely and without bubbles or wrinkles.
- Storage conditions: Store unused compostable labels in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent damage or degradation. Be mindful of the shelf life of compostable materials, as they may degrade over time.
There are no reviews yet.